New things that have happened or are happening:
- Eric traveled to Congo the end of July-the beginning of August. He worked in some orphanages and was a part of a pastor's training/conference. It was an eye-opening 2 weeks where God really spoke to him about several things. We look forward to sharing with you how God is working there and some plans that are in place for the future.
- We were able to pass out school supplies, backpacks, and new shoes to the villages of Cockleburr and Chuichu thanks to several churches!! We so appreciate your giving hearts!!!
- Eric is officially the pastor of First Pima Baptist Church. The church is growing and doing well. Since August, 8 people have joined the church ( 4 were baptized!!).
- We have started a new ministry at First Pima on Saturday afternoons. We have Celebration Station for kids and teenagers who are dealing with the affects of drugs, alcohol, and/or abuse. We have an adult Bible study taking place at the same time, which is going to lead into Celebrate Recovery. Doug is leading the adults. Heart of Mesa Church is helping us with this ministry.
- We are currently (this week) doing a VBS in the village of Chuichu. It is fall break and the kids love that they have something to do this week. We are loving the fact that they love to come to learn more about Jesus :) Trinity Baptist Church in Casa Grande is helping us with this.
- Our family has grown by 3 more kiddos. If you have a hard time with math, that makes 7 kids in our house. Now you understand why we have no extra time :)
Upcoming Events/Happenings/Things to Pray for:
- We have a mission team from First Missionary Baptist Church in Benton, KY and Puryear Baptist Church in Puryear, TN coming on Saturday. They will be building a ramada in Cockleburr, which will be the "church building" (although the church has nothing to do with the building). Everyone is so pumped about this!!! I will have to update more on Cockleburr at a later time. Things are going so well!!! The team will also be helping us with the Revival at First Pima next week. Please be praying about that!
- We are getting geared up for "Christmas in the Villages". We will start passing out info next week. If you are interested in sponsoring a child for Christmas, please let us know. I will have a new blog posted tomorrow with all the details.
- We are preparing for a Thanksgiving meal and service in the village of Chuichu. If you would like to help with that, please let us know.
- We also have several new things/ideas we are working on for the new year. I will post about those at a later time.
As always, we thank you so much for your support and prayers!!!