Can you believe the Christmas season is upon us? It's one of our most favorite times of year!!
We are busy making arrangements and getting all the details set for "Christmas in the Villages". This is our largest (and most fun) outreach of the entire year. Many of you have helped with this outreach in the past, and we appreciate that so much. We need your help again! And we need you to pass the word onto others so that more people can help us this year!
We are expecting to giveaway Christmas presents to approximately 600 children this year!!
In the past, each person was assigned a specific child to sponsor and buy presents for. However, we are changing the way we do it this year to help meet the needs of more children. Instead of buying for a specific child, we are asking that you buy presents for either a boy or girl and a specific age group (infants and toddlers, preschool, elementary, youth). We are doing this for a couple of reasons.
1. More children can be reached this way.
2. No one gets left out. (In the past, if the child did not fill out a Christmas form then they didn't get any presents because we didn't have their information.)
3. The parents can come "shop" for presents that they know their children will like. We will have wrapping paper available so that they can even wrap the presents. This way the presents are coming from the parents instead of us.
4. If the parents are unable to come to the Christmas party, the children can still pick out presents that they really like.
How can you get involved:
1. You can shop for boys or girls in one of the four age groups (infants/toddlers, preschool, elementary, youth). We are accepting toys and clothes (especially jackets). The items must be NEW! Our goal is for each child to be able to pick out 3 presents, something small and 2 significant gifts.
2. The items should be shipped to us by December 9th. This means they need to arrive on or before this date so that we have plenty of time to sort through everything and make sure that we have enough. Our address is: PO Box 2237, Sacaton, AZ 85147. If you are using UPS or FedEx, please email us and we can give you our physical address.
3. If you do not want to shop for specific presents but would still like to be involved, please send money or gift cards and we will do the shopping. Wal-Mart and Target gift cards would be the best.
As always, we appreciate your help and support so much!
If you have any questions, please email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org
P.S. The Christmas Party dates are December 16-20. I will do my best to post pictures of the events. The easiest way for me to do that is through Facebook. Please follow Live Love Ministries on Facebook to keep up with the latest updates.